icon rssicon linkedinicon facebook

Register as an Employer

By registering as an employer on EURES, you will be able to search for CVs matching your requirements and view, save, and organise candidates to make recruitment easier.


Register as a Jobseeker

By creating a EURES jobseeker account, you will be able to upload your CV and make it available for search by employers across Europe and much more.


People from any of the EU Member states as well as Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Switzerland are eligible to live and work in Malta. Before moving to Malta it is recommended that you contact the EURES team to find out more about living and working in Malta as well as obtaining information about any preparatory work that should be carried out to ensure a smooth transition. You can also access the Living and Working in Malta information that is compiled by EURES Malta once a year.

For your job search in Malta visit the site of the Public Employment Services, Jobsplus. Here you can sign up for a free account, upload your CV online where employers can search through your profile and carry out matching with vacancies and you can also search and apply for vacancies yourself. You can also choose to receive a daily email with all the new vacancies. To sign up for an account go to this link. Further information on how to create an account and use all the functions of the website can be found here. EU nationals can access these services even before you move to Malta.

The same jobs available on Jobsplus can also be found on the EURES Portal.

Jobsplus does not advertise all the vacancies in Malta as it is the employer’s choice where to advertise their jobs. There are a number of private recruitment agencies in Malta. You can find a list and their area of specialisation here. In addition, you may refer to other job bank websites, social media and newspapers in order to view vacancies.

If you move to Malta and have not secured employment, you are entitled to register as unemployed with Jobsplus. This means that you will be matched for vacancies that fit your skill set and you will also be assigned an employment advisor who will provide further assistance in your job search. In order to register as unemployed you may visit any of the Jobsplus job centres* or do so online. You will need to present/upload the following documents (copy of ID card, residence card or passport) and proof of your address in Malta. You should also present your CV and any certificates of qualifications (and their equivalence recognition if they were not obtained locally). You can also register as a part time worker or even to seek alternative employment if you are already working. For more information please visit the page on First Time Registration as well as the FAQ section.

If you are unemployed in another EU/EEA country or Switzerland and are receiving unemployment assistance you may be eligible to transfer your benefits to Malta for a period of time. If you opt to transfer your unemployment benefits to Malta you need to obtain the U2 form from the Institution that is currently paying your unemployment benefits. On arrival in Malta, you must register with us (i.e. the Public Employment Service), within 7 days as indicated in item 2.3 of the U2 form. You then need to forward a copy of the U2 form together with the Registration document issued by us to the International Relations Unit within the Department of Social Security (DSS). Contact us if you have any questions about this process. 

*Check the Jobsplus website for latest information on opening hours of job centres 

Information last updated: May 2020



eures logo small

eu job days logo

your europe logo horz